The Hem Sarita Pathak Foundation Scholarship
mayasdesiboutique (MDB) in collaboration with the Hem Sarita Pathak Foundation (HSPF) has launched a scholarship and college completion program of $10,000 USD designed to empower and support underserved and low-income students to realize their dream of a college education. This scholarship is for students who are motivated to engage with global challenges, committed to service, and are intentional in making a positive impact in the lives of others. Applicants are expected to be active members within the community and engaged in projects and roles to bring positive social change. Given the myriad challenges international students face while obtaining a college degree in the US and the lack of scholarship opportunities, the 2021 MDB x HSPF scholarship will be made available only for international students and from the following countries: Nepal, India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, and Pakistan. The MDB X HSPF scholarship is also open to members of Bhutanese Nepalese diaspora.
Criteria for application:
- Must be enrolled as an international student in the US (I-20).
- Must be an undergraduate student (graduate and PhD students are not eligible to apply).
- Earning a minimum of 3.5 GPA
- Demonstrated need for financial assistance
- Must be from Nepal, India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, and Pakistan.
- Undergraduate students from the Bhutanese Nepali diaspora are eligible to apply.
- February 1, 2021- Application opens
- May 15, 2021- Application deadline
- May 30, finalists announced (top 5)
- June 30, 2021- finalist materials due
- July 15, 2021- MDB x HSPF Scholar announced